Closed for major holidays. Seasonal hours may vary.
Handicap parking is available for close and convenient entry for those with limited mobility. Ninety-percent of the museum's exhibits are handicap accessible. We are happy to have a staff member describe the second floor mezzanine exhibit.
The Fort Bedford Museum was built in 1958 by local business leaders who had a passion for Bedford and its history. The "Block House" was the original structure. Due to the many donations of artifacts, the Museum expanded two more times with gallery space, restrooms, and welcome center.
The original footprints of Fort Bedford can be seen in the small park located behind the Anderson House at 137 E Pitt Street. It's also accessible via the walking trail next to the river. Follow the wooden stairway up to the blockade fence.
Located along the banks of the Juniata River, the museum is easily accessible from the Lincoln Highway (Route 30) and the PA Turnpike.
We offer discounted rates for school groups and historical societies. Guided tours are available by request with 48 hours' notice.
Schedule a TourVisit our gift shop for regional history books, frontier-themed artifacts, and local artisan crafts.
Trust Member Discount: 10% off all purchases.